Kevin Hart’s ‘The Upside’ #1 $19.6M
First reported by Usatoday.com
- It does not appear that the controversy surrounding Kevin Hart had a negative impact on his new movie, The Upside.
- The movie opened #1 at the box upsetting Aquaman that has held the top position for three weeks. Aquaman passed the $1 billion worldwide.
- The Upside made $19.6 million. January tends to be a slow month for movies. Also known as a “dumping ground” for movies.
- The movie cost $37.5 million to make it.
- While the movie did open #1 do you think it’s opening weekend numbers are low?
- Do you think the controversy hurt it a little bit or is it just a slow January?
NEW YORK – Kevin Hart isn’t hosting the Oscars, but he’s got a No. 1 movie.
Hart’s “The Upside” surpassed expectations to open with $19.6 million in ticket sales according to studio estimates Sunday.
The strong performance of “The Upside” pushed Jason Momoa’s “Aquaman” to second place after the aquatic superhero’s three-week reign on top of the North American box office.
Kevin Hart's 'Upside' surpassed 'Aquaman' this past weekend in its $19.6M debuthttps://t.co/dM9afVQHB7
— KSL (@KSLcom) January 13, 2019
— CBS News 8 (@CBS8) January 13, 2019
Kevin Hart isn't hosting the Oscars, but he's got a number one movie.https://t.co/PPm7LnEWC8
— KUTV 2News (@KUTV2News) January 13, 2019
— Vincent E Davis (@vdavis114) January 13, 2019