Man returns coffee — on worker’s face
First reported by Wgntv.com
- Most restaurants serve beverages immediately to keep customers occupied while waiting for their food. But following an incident at a South Carolina fast food restaurant, eateries might want to rethink that long-standing tradition.
- Police say an “obnoxious” drive-thru customer at a Camden McDonald’s threw a cup of hot coffee in a teenage employee’s face — because she wouldn’t give him free french fries to compensate him for his wait.
- Although the unidentified employee declined medical treatment, Camden police have launched a manhunt for the coffee thrower. They’ve released surveillance footage to local news outlets in an attempt to determine his identity.
- Should the coffee thrower be charged with assault?
- What’s your worst fast food horror story?
CAMDEN, S.C. — Police in South Carolina say a McDonald’s patron became angry over the wait for his order and threw hot coffee in the face of a teen drive-thru worker.
News outlets report Camden police released surveillance video of the man on Tuesday and asked the public for help identifying him. Police say the man went to through the Camden restaurant’s drive-thru last month and asked for a large order of fries because he was unsatisfied with the wait.
— WGNMorningNews (@WGNMorningNews) January 10, 2019
Police: Man threw coffee in face of teen fast food worker https://t.co/1APSCPXVJL
— J.Carter Da Don (@JCarter100Grand) January 10, 2019
What The Hell is Wrong with PEOPLE??? https://t.co/oTSqRiV5vM
— Pamela L. Dolen (@pamdolen) January 10, 2019
I hope that caught that asshole. https://t.co/3OmMPu78Xf
— MAGGIE BOO (@greek_grl2005) January 10, 2019