Patton To Sing National Anthem
First reported by Metalinjection.net
- Faith No More frontman Mike Patton will be lending his voice to the NFL’s Divisional Playoff Round this weekend.
- The “Epic” singer will perform the national anthem ahead of Saturday’s Rams-Cowboys game at the LA Memorial Coliseum.
- The rubber-voiced Patton will also take part in a Chris Cornell tribute next week alongside members of Soundgarden, Audioslave, Metallica, and Foo Fighters.
- What’s your favorite all-time performance of the national anthem?
- Which NFL Divisional Round game are you most looking forward to?
Mike Patton is a man of many bands – Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Dead Cross, Mondo Cane. But the dude is also a crooner.
Patton will be able to show his crooning skills when he sings the national anthem at the NFL division playoff game tomorrow between the Los Angeles Rams and the Dallas Cowboys.
The game is scheduled to be broadcast on Fox tomorrow night in prime time, starting at 8pm eastern time.
Faith No More’s Mike Patton to Sing National Anthem at the NFL Playoffs
— Consequence of Sound (@consequence) January 11, 2019
— BrooklynVegan (@brooklynvegan) January 11, 2019
IRL spit-take. Hell yes. https://t.co/zaUg8aJ1QD
— Andrew Kirell (@AndrewKirell) January 12, 2019
— SPIN (@SPIN) January 12, 2019