Chocolate Better for Cough Than Syrup
First reported by Ladbible.com
- Move over cough syrup, there is a better cough remedy out there according to a University of Hull professor: chocolate.
- Professor Alyn Morice, member of the International Society for the Study of Cough, says “Chocolate can calm coughs. I know that might sound like something out of Mary Poppins, but as an independent clinician who has spent years researching the mechanism of cough, I can assure you the evidence is actually as solid a bar of Fruit and Nut.”
- After a large study, named ROCOCO, was done on the subject, a new medication that has cocoa in it was found to work better than regular old cough syrup with linctus.
- “The idea that chocolate could cure a cough might sound a bit mad, but the ROCOCO researchers believe the benefits are primarily down to the demulcent properties of cocoa,” Morice said.
- How do you feel about chocolate being a better remedy for a cough than cough syrup?
- Do you think this is good news or bad news?
It’s the cold season, which means you’ll be throwing all sorts of lozenges, sprays and syrups down your throat in a bid to keep your voice fighting fit (not to mention audible).
Well, here’s some good enws – chuck away that horrid tasting medicine and start chomping down on a few bars of the good stuff, as one doctor has said that chocolate is better for your throat than cough syrup.
According to Professor Alyn Morice – head of cardiovascular and respiratory studies at the University of Hull and founding member of the International Society for the Study of Cough – having a bar of ‘milk chocolate’ is better for a cough than over-the-counter medicine.
Chocolate is a better fix for your cough than medicine: study https://t.co/EHMnNofQ3x
— Armanini Chocolates (@armaninichoco) January 10, 2019
Day fuckin madehttps://t.co/NX2JQNicUL
— Paul O'Connell (@PaulEOC) January 11, 2019
— 99.5 Play FM (@995PlayFM) January 11, 2019
You don't have to tell us twice https://t.co/s4i197XBSa
— Lovin (@Lovindotie) January 10, 2019