Driver saves baby on freeway overpass
First reported by Cnn.com
- A Milwaukee bus driver is being praised as a hero after she ran through busy traffic to rescue a young child.
- In a video released Thursday by the Milwaukee County Transit System, Irena Ivic is driving her route when a girl, who’s less than a year old, can be seen running across a highway overpass. The child is barefoot and wearing a onesie. Ivic immediately stops the bus and runs outside, dodging traffic as she heads toward the endangered child. When she scoops her up, it’s clear the girl is shivering and crying. Ivic can be heard saying, “Oh my God, I’m shaking” when she boards the bus with the child in her arms.
- Surprisingly, the episode didn’t mark the first time a Milwaukee transit employee mounted a daring rescue. The MCTS says eight other lost or missing children have been found by bus drivers in recent years.
- If you have young children, would you say your home is “escape proof?
- ” Should the parents of the girl be investigated?
(CNN)A Milwaukee bus driver went above the call of duty when she stopped to save an unlikely would-be passenger: a toddler.
Irena Ivic was driving on a freeway overpass when she spotted a barefoot toddler, Milwaukee County Transit System spokesman Matt Sliker said. The child, wearing a red onesie and a diaper, was quickly walking to an intersection.
“I’m just grateful I was in the right place at the right time,” Ivic said at a commendation ceremony held in her honor on Thursday.
Mother Says Student’s Video Shows School Bus Driver On Video Chat While Driving
Milwaukee Bus Driver Rescues Lost Baby from Freeway Overpass
Bus driver rescues baby wandering on overpass
"Oh my God. Oh my God. I'm shaking." This Milwaukee bus driver went above the call of duty when she stopped and ran out to scoop up a baby girl, barefoot in freezing temperatures, who was quickly walking toward an intersection https://t.co/SCwNFZkgcQ pic.twitter.com/dIMSwbo5q2
— CNN (@CNN) January 11, 2019
TO THE RESCUE: An alert bus driver in Milwaukee spotted a toddler wandering the cold streets barefoot so she halted the vehicle to run out and carry the child to safety. @perezreports. https://t.co/WC4aPY2qTf pic.twitter.com/jvJp5Tl9ZL
— World News Tonight (@ABCWorldNews) January 11, 2019
— mmbaity (@moniquemontez72) January 11, 2019
Milwaukee bus driver praised for rescuing infant from freeway overpass https://t.co/SQo438PYFf
— KSTP (@KSTP) January 10, 2019