Fake AOC Photo Controversy
First reported by Nytimes.com
- A conservative website has apologized for a misleading tweet suggesting they had a ‘nude selfie’ of Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
- On Wednesday, the Daily Caller tweeted a link with the headline “Here’s The Photo Some People Described As A Nude Selfie Of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez”.
- But the photo in question only shows a woman’s feet in the bathtub, and those feet actually belong to adult film actress Sydney Leathers, a former mistress of disgraced ex-Congressman Anthony Weiner.
- Ocasio-Cortez called the tweet ‘completely disgusting’.
- The Daily Caller says it ‘rapidly deleted and fixed’ the tweet after editors spotted it, and says they intended to ‘inform our audience that a fake image was circulating online’.
- Why do you think Ocasio-Cortez is getting so much attention from both the left and right?
- Do you buy the Daily Caller’s story that the tweet was an unintentional mistake?
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has become adept at scoring points off conservatives’ attempts to knock her off balance. Sarah Silbiger/The New York Times
[What you need to know to start the day: Get New York Today in your inbox.]
It’s important to make this clear from the start: They weren’t her feet.
Fake nude photo of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez debunked by foot fetishist
EXCLUSIVE: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Kinky College ‘Pole Dance’ Video; Horny School Days Exposed
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez hits out at ‘disgusting’ media publishing fake nude image – Political Ne…
Free kittens for everybody! Illegal aliens will get two! https://t.co/es4rn5Q2GP
— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) January 10, 2019
Socialist Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez and I agree on nothing when it comes to policy. But she – and every other woman in public life – deserve respect and so much more than this sort of disgusting and false treatment.https://t.co/zWTVUUQy0G
— Nikki Haley (@NikkiHaley) January 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 10, 2019
If you still needed proof that women in public life face far more abuse than men… Has this ever happened to a male politician? https://t.co/lADnlQEZd5
— Andrew Stroehlein (@astroehlein) January 10, 2019