SRO Gives Principal A Ticket
First reported by Usatoday.com
- A school resource officer in Warren, Ohio was escorted off the premises after giving the school’s principal a parking ticket.
- Officer Adam Chinchic says the principal’s car would repeatedly be found parked in a handicapped space, and says he gave “a number of verbal warnings” before issuing a citation.
- Within an hour of leaving the ticket, security escorted Officer Chinchic off the premises. The school is chalking it up to a “miscommunication” and promises to address the matter soon.
- Warren Police say the principal’s car can even be seen on Google Earth photos – parked in between TWO handicapped spaces.
- What do you think will happen to the principal?
- Do you think any personal vendettas were at play here?
The accessible spaces are needed for individuals with
A school resource officer in Warren, Ohio, was removed from school premises after issuing a parking ticket for the school principal after she repeatedly parked in a handicap zone, according to multiple media reports.
According to WKBN, Officer Adam Chinchik with the Warren Police Department saw a car parking repeatedly in a handicapped zone at Jefferson PK – 8 and discovered the car belonged to the school principal.
“A citation was issued to the vehicle for the handicapped parking violation. Within one hour, the superintendent had ordered two administrators to go to Jefferson and escort the SRO off the property,” said Michael Stabile, with the Warren police union, according to WKBN.
A school resource officer was removed from school premises after issuing a parking ticket for the school principal who repeatedly parked in a handicap zone.https://t.co/ZUctqIx4J3
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) January 10, 2019
— Stand Of Elders 💙👊💙 #GlovesOff (@standofelders) January 10, 2019
The SRO should have told the Administrators to pound sand. This school is now less safe due to this superintendents actions. https://t.co/pZAOXz7Auc
— Rob O'Donnell (@odonnell_r) January 10, 2019
Simple concept park in an accessible space illegally and get ticked. A principal should know that. https://t.co/mYqzaGZGQ8
— Mon Still (@Mons_Tweets) January 10, 2019