Woman Leaves Baby In Freezer
First reported by Wpxi.com
- A Tennessee woman has been arrested after police say she left her 8-month-old baby in a freezer.
- Witnesses saw 19-year-old Brittany Smith holding the baby near an unused freezer in the backyard. Police later found the infant inside, with the lid closed and about 1 inch of standing water collected at the bottom.
- The child’s condition has not been released. Smith has been charged with neglect and child abuse.
- What kind of punishment does this situation call for?
- VIDEO: Mother charged with leaving baby in freezer
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – A Tennessee mom is facing a child abuse charge after deputies said she put her baby in a backyard freezer on someone else’s property.
According to WJHL-TV, Brittany C. Smith, 19, of Johnson City, was arrested Jan. 3 after a resident saw her with the baby near the outdoor freezer, authorities said. Witnesses said they found Smith alone in a crawlspace and the 8-month-old in the freezer, which had a closed lid and “about an inch of water in the bottom,” the news station reported.
The condition of the baby, who was hospitalized, was not immediately known, WJHL reported.
— WTOL 11 (@WTOL11Toledo) January 10, 2019
When have you heard of illegals doing shit like this in AMERICA? https://t.co/xfhSXpP1g7
— Corvox Pool And Spa (@Corvox) January 10, 2019
— KCCI News (@KCCINews) January 10, 2019