Lost Teddy Bear Gets Luxury Treatment
First reported by Wbaltv.com
- A teddy bear left was left behind at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai. The staff at the hotel wanted to make sure the bear had a luxury Hawaiian vacation.
- The bear is named Sutro. Anna Pickard’s son left him in the hotel bed. Pickard sent an e-mail to the housekeeping staff and luckily, Sutro was ok.
- To assure Pickard’s son that Sutro was fine, the hotel staff took pictures of the bear receiving VIP treatment. He got a manicure, relaxed by the pool and lounged by the beach. Sutro was joined by a newly purchased Hawaiian monk seal plush doll that was also left behind.
- Pickard also left her son a postcard from Sutro the bear on his pillow. Sutro “wrote” he was just spending a few extra days in Hawaii and that he and his monk seal friend would be home soon.
- Has your child ever left a stuffed animal somewhere while traveling?
- Did you ever get it back?
Woerpel sent the photographs of the bear back to his owner.
When 2019 started off with a beloved toy gone missing and a child in tears, the January blues hit hard for Anna Packard.
The San Francisco-based creative director had just arrived from a family vacation in sunny Hawaii when she made the awful discovery that someone hadn’t made the flight.
To be honest, this teddy bear had a better vacation than we've ever had.
— KSAT 12 (@ksatnews) January 10, 2019
This poor bear got left behind, but lucky for him the hotel house keeper took him under her wing! https://t.co/44bLVFONyJ
— WSLS 10 (@wsls) January 10, 2019
Lost teddy bear gets luxury five-star hotel break in Hawaii. https://t.co/yZAChlLbx3
— KTVZ NewsChannel 21 (@KTVZ) January 10, 2019
— KSBW Action News 8 (@ksbw) January 10, 2019