Harris To Announce 2020 Bid
First reported by Cbsnews.com
- California Sen. Kamala Harris is widely expected to run for president in 2020, and word is she’ll making it official very soon.
- KCBS Radio reported Thursday that Harris will make her announcement ‘on or around’ Martin Luther King Jr. Day on January 21st.
- Harris’s team reportedly wants ‘maximum exposure’ for her announcement, which will likely happen at a rally in her native Oakland.
- This week, Harris published a memoir, The Truths We Hold, and would likely begin campaigning in Iowa after announcing her candidacy.
- Who do you expect to be the Democratic frontrunner in 2020?
- Are they better off with a familiar face like Biden or Sanders or should they go with someone new?
Sen. Kamala Harris has decided to seek the 2020 Democratic nomination for president, sources close to her told KCBS Radio. She’ll announce her candidacy on or around Martin Luther King Day, probably at a campaign rally in Oakland, the sources said.
Harris, 54, has been making the rounds of television talk shows and appearing at several events this week as part of a brief tour to promote her new book, “The Truths We Hold: An American Journey.”
At every stop, when asked about running for president, Harris has answered with some variation of “I’m not ready yet” to announce her decision and cited family considerations.
Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren and Other Democrats Shift Into High Gear for 2020 The New York Tim
Elizabeth Warren launches committee ahead of likely 2020 run
Kamala Harris to preview 2020 message in new book
Sen. Kamala Harris has decided to seek the 2020 Democratic nomination for president, sources close to her told KCBS Radio. https://t.co/g9JUNfMQMT
— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) January 10, 2019
Sen. Kamala Harris has decided to run for president in 2020 and will announce her candidacy on or around Martin Luther King Jr. Day, probably at a campaign rally in Oakland, sources tell KCBS Radio. https://t.co/78uHiDY43j
— KCBS 106.9 FM/740 AM (@KCBSRadio) January 10, 2019
Kamala Harris Set to Announce 2020 Run On or Around Martin Luther King Jr. Day. In 2 Years in Senate, majority of her donations have come from financial interests including Wall Street, financial industry lawyers, and real estate industry. https://t.co/0dTBVo7QlC pic.twitter.com/tMwzIehihr
— Jordan (@JordanChariton) January 10, 2019
Sen. Kamala Harris expected to enter 2020 presidential race on or around Martin Luther King Jr. Day https://t.co/tHAV6qIocO
— Salon (@Salon) January 10, 2019