Power Bank Explodes Inside Back Pocket Of Man Using, Charging Phone While Eating

A middle-aged man in Singapore was rushed to the hospital after his power bank exploded inside his back pocket.

power bank

A middle-aged man dining at Bedok Interchange Hawker Center in Singapore was rushed to the hospital after his power bank exploded inside his back pocket.

The man, who was in his 40s, burned his palm while removing the power bank from his pocket during the incident which happened on Jan. 11, as reported by Lianhe Wanbao via The Straits Times yesterday, Jan. 12. He was taken to Changi General Hospital for the treatment of his injuries.

The report did not state the reason why the man’s power bank exploded.