Pelosi Won’t Budge
First reported by Businessinsider.com
- Nancy Pelosi says House Democrats won’t budge on President Trump’s border wall, not even for a deal on DACA.
- Pelosi, who is expected to take over as House Speaker next year, called Trump’s wall “immoral, ineffective, expensive” and promised that House Democrats wouldn’t approve funding for it.
- House lawmakers are working frantically on a spending bill to avoid a government shutdown later this month.
- Trump is asking for $5 billion for border security and has hinted that a shutdown “could happen” if he doesn’t get it.
- Are we headed for a shutdown?
- If so, will voters blame Democrats or Republicans?
- Do you think Trump’s wall will ever be built?
Nancy Pelosi called for a year-long resolution on funding for home security, rejecting a compromise on exchanging border-wall funding for a DACA solution. Pelosi, the House’s likely next speaker, called the construction of a border wall “immoral, ineffective, costly.”
WASHINGTON â Nancy Pelosi, who is set to become the next speaker of the House at the beginning of the new Congress in January, began negotiations that would include financing the long-awaited wall of President Donald Trump along the nearly 2,000-mile US-Mexico border.
Pelosi told reporters on Thursday that it was not on the table to pair wall funding with a permanent solution to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program and that she would prefer Congress to pass a continuing resolution on home security before Christmas.
Read more: Republicans scrambl to save some of the biggest campaign promises of Trump before the Democrats take over Congress
Nancy Pelosi says funding for Trump's 'immoral, ineffective, expensive' border wall is off the tablehttps://t.co/l7MaB4UXL7
— Nancy Pelosi (@TeamPelosi) December 6, 2018
I like this lady. I like her a lot. https://t.co/VHgHyKL6bN
— Ken Olin (@kenolin1) December 6, 2018
Pelosi proves once again that DACA recipients are pawns in the Democrats' political game.
— Kayleigh McEnany (@kayleighmcenany) December 6, 2018
— Josephine Fields-Hinds (@fields_hinds) December 6, 2018