Lyft Prepares For IPO
First reported by Businessinsider.com
- Here’s your chance to own a piece of Lyft – the ride-sharing service has reportedly begun filing paperwork for an IPO.
- If true, it could be the first big tech IPO of 2019. Other tech brands looking at IPO’s next year include Airbnb, Slack, and possibly Lyft’s chief rival, Uber.
- Lyft was valued at over $15.1 billion earlier this year and holds about 35% of the ride-sharing market. Neither Uber nor Lyft have yet to post a profit.
- Why do you think Uber and Lyft are still unprofitable when they’re so popular?
- Do you think one of the two will eventually go under?
Lyft said on Thursday that it had submitted a confidential draft registration declaration to the regulators to be made public. It is the first major ride-hailing company to officially launch its initial public offer, beating its much larger competitor Uber.
Lyft officially submitted paperwork to the top US stock market regulator to the public, announced Thursday morning by the ride-hailing giant.
The confidential draft declaration of registration, submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission, represents the first step towards an initial public offering.
It is a big step in what is widely regarded as a race to go public between Lyft and its much bigger rival Uber, who is also considering an IPO next year, but who has been disgusted about the timing of his float.
Lyft officially files paperwork for an IPO
Lyft Files For IPO
Opinion of the Uber IPO vs Lyft IPO by a professional Uber and Lyft driver
"Lyft files to go public, signalling it could be the first major tech IPO of 2019."
Proud to back this company since the early days. https://t.co/mIiDIwRzZ6
— Collaborative Fund (@collabfund) December 6, 2018
Lyft reportedly filed paperwork to go public with an IPO in early 2019 https://t.co/yK2gEgKxgF
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) December 6, 2018
I think I love the fact that Lyft is going public before Uber. https://t.co/PrAejQmWIq
— MyCool King (@iPullRank) December 6, 2018
Lyft is launching an IPO. Who's catching a ride? ?https://t.co/hcmTyAdobK
— ONE37pm (@137pm) December 6, 2018