Couple takes trip with kids in trunk
First reported by Fox10phoenix.com
- An Arizona couple has been sentenced to 30 days in jail for taking a 900-mile trip to Wyoming with two children in the trunk of their car — while their two German shepherds rode in the back seat.
- Michael Fee, 61, and Amber Freudenstein, 31, told a Natrona County, Wyoming Circuit Court judge Thursday they meant no harm to the children. Fee said, “We traveled up here and didn’t have room for everybody in the car. I tried to make things as safe as I could for them. They were in the trunk of my car.”
- The children, 6 and 10, were unharmed during the drive, sheriff’s officials say.
- Do you feel a 30-day sentence was just?
- What kind of punishment do you think the couple deserves?
CASPER, Wyo. (AP) A man and a woman admitted to court that they were driving from Arizona to Wyoming with two children in their car’s trunk.
63-year-old Michael J. Fee and 31-year-old Amber L. Freudenstein pleaded guilty to two child threat charges on Thursday.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports that Circuit Judge Steven Brown has been sentenced to 30 days’ imprisonment every day. Fee is from Peoria, Arizona and Freudenstein has been sentenced to 30 days.
— ABC15 Arizona (@abc15) December 6, 2018
Arizona residents admit to driving to Casper with children in the trunk of car https://t.co/rajY4dpdUv
— Casper Star-Tribune (@CSTribune) December 6, 2018
Two Arizona residents admitted Thursday morning to driving a car to Casper with children in the trunk. Law enforcement say the two children were in the trunk for much of the more than 900-mile drive while German shepherds sat in the car's back seat. https://t.co/c8y95ryMI6 pic.twitter.com/n1dOH5zNZO
— Missoulian (@missoulian) December 6, 2018
Man, Woman Admit Driving From Arizona To Wyoming With Kids In Trunkhttps://t.co/UqgAvxcoeC
— FuRyUs (@FuRyUs_) December 7, 2018