Score one for gun advocates
First reported by Foxnews.com
- In an incident that’s being embraced by opponents of gun control, a South Carolina woman has survived an attack by an armed escaped inmate after she shot and killed him.
- The woman, whose name wasn’t released, woke up just after 3 a.m. Tuesday to the sound of someone kicking in her back door. Just after she grabbed her gun, she was confronted by 30-year-old Bruce McLaughlin Jr., who had just escaped from prison “minutes earlier,” Sheriff Rick Clark said. As McLaughlin, who was brandishing a sharpening tool, approached her, the woman fired. The escapee, still wearing an orange jumpsuit, was later pronounced dead with a gunshot wound to the head.
- “This was a big guy,” Clark said. “If she hadn’t had a weapon there’s no telling what would have happened. I gave her a big hug. I told her how proud I was of her.”
- Do you see this story as support for gun ownership?
- What would have happened if the woman had been using a gun lock and kept her ammo in a separate location, as is recommended?
Hours after he and another prisoner escaped prison after a security guard beat, a South Carolina prisoner was fatally shot after he broke into a woman’s house, officials said.
According to the Pickens County authorities, Bruce McLaughlin Jr., 30, was shot in the head by the woman after he kicked in her back door on Tuesday.
After entering the house, McLaughlin grabbed a knife sharpening tool from the kitchen and headed towards the woman’s bedroom at approximately 3 a.m. Sheriff Rick Clark said that the woman was home alone and had undergone arms training sometime before the incident.
“It was a big guy. If she hadn’t had a weapon, it wasn’t telling her what would have happened,” said the sheriff. “I gave her a big hug. I told her how proud I was.”
Clark said that the incident was “a shining example” of why it is important to own and know how to use a weapon properly.
Woman shoots, kills escaped inmate who kicked in her door, sheriff says
“This was a big guy. If she hadn’t had a weapon there’s no telling what would have happened … I gave her a big hug. I told her how proud I was of her.”
Sheriff Rick Clark said.
Bruce McLaughlin Jr., 30, died from a gunshot to the head.
By @JSCollinsAP https://t.co/nkdjzR4Xsq
— Meg Kinnard (@MegKinnardAP) December 4, 2018
An inmate who had escaped minutes earlier from a county jail in South Carolina was shot and killed by a woman after he kicked in her back door
Sheriff: Woman kills jail escapee who kicks in her door https://t.co/R0Zl7gAvHz
— Lisa Lou (@Lis_aLouu) December 5, 2018
Sheriff: Woman kills jail escapee who kicks in her door https://t.co/jgY0AzzHiV
— von Sully (@red1969usmc) December 5, 2018
— EJ Passeos (@ejpasseos) December 5, 2018