- A Daytona Beach, Florida police officer was allegedly shot late Sunday night by a suspect carrying an AK-47.
- 40-year-old Raymond Roberts was confronted by police when he was spotted walking around with the rifle. That confrontation led to the shooting.
- Daytona Beach Police Chief Craig Capri said: “The officer was about a block away when he responded with two other officers, and they confronted the suspect and immediately when the officers got out of the car, he opened fire on the officers.”
- A couple of citizens standing close by jumped into action to help the wounded officer and applied pressure to his wound.
- After the shooting, the suspect fled by foot and was eventually captured. He now faces charges of aggravated battery with a firearm against a police officer, as well as three counts of attempted murder against law enforcement.
- Is the hospital just doing what is in its best financial interests or should it have found a more reasonable solution than a patient having to take on a “fundraising” campaign?
Daytona Beach officer shot by man wielding AK-47, police say https://t.co/KQRzM3BSK2
— Blue Alert (@BlueAlertUs) November 26, 2018
Daytona Beach officer shot by man wielding AK-47 https://t.co/LetTyuTGO1
— Mental Ammo (@MentalAmmo) November 26, 2018
— news-journalonline (@dbnewsjournal) November 26, 2018
— Patricio G. Balona (@PBalonaNJ) November 26, 2018
Man carrying AK-47 shoots Daytona Beach police officer,… 🙏🏼🙏🏼💙🖤 https://t.co/w2aEqF4RFc
— Tracy Babin (@Tbabin63) November 26, 2018